If you are interested in joining a progressive Police Department that abides by the values of Unity, Integrity and Loyalty, then the Pineville Police Department might be the place for you. The Pineville Police Department currently has approximately 75 employees and is actively recruiting able bodied persons to bolster our ranks.
- Comprehensive Retirement Plan
- Family Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Annual Sick Leave
- Longevity Pay
- Longevity Vacation
- Promotional Advancement
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid Louisiana Driver’s License
- Must possess a valid Louisiana Fire and Police Civil Service Police Officer Entrance Examination Score (Score must be 75% or better)
- Must pass a Departmental Background Investigation
- Must pass a Computer Voice Stress Analysis Test
- Must pass a Departmental Psychological Examination
- Must pass a Departmental Medical Physical
- Must pass a Departmental Physical and Agility Test (Cooper Institute Standards)
There are several steps to apply for a position at the Pineville Police Department. We are a Civil Service organization. We are overseen by a State organization called the Office of State Examiner. They provide all testing information and grade approvals.
You will need to visit their website.
- www.ose.louisiana.gov or you can go to www.pinevillepd.com and find the application link.
- Find the section that will let you download and print an application. This application is accepted at all Municipal Police Department’s in the state. You will want to complete the competitive examination for Entrance Police Officer. **(2 completed copies if testing outside Pineville)
- You will need to find the section on testing/scheduling by jurisdiction. It will tell you application deadlines and test dates by jurisdiction. The tests are offered throughout the state and accepted by all municipalities.
- You will need to turn in an application at the department administering the test and the Pineville Police Department. (only if not testing in Pineville)
- After you apply, have been tested and receive your grades, you can send a copy of the test score to Pineville. Our local Civil Service Board will then approve your score and add you to our eligibility list. The test score is good for 18 months after it has been accepted by the testing jurisdiction’s local board.
All applications and your test scores for the Pineville Police Department need to be sent to:
Pineville Municipal Fire and Police Civil Service Board
C/O Madonna Leblanc
P.O. Box 3940
Pineville, LA 71360
Only after grades are accepted locally and you are qualified as eligible, can you be considered for employment.
I hope this helps. It really is a slow process, so be patient.